One Mama Duck

Crafting my way through life - one adventure at a time.

Hi! I'm LisaDV. Thanks for stopping by. This is my life, crazy and chaotic most of the time, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Monday, April 11, 2016

Monday's Are For Sharing

These are the layout's I created over the last week. Ok, the first layout took me ALL week to do. Life sooo gets in the way of my crafting time.

This first one I created for one of Shimelle's Monday challenges (it was like 2 weeks ago though) and combined it with my absolute favorite monthly challenge, the 2 peas refugees Stash Challenge. Yeah, baby, use that stash!  And, this time we used eyelets on our page!!!  Talk about using stash!!!  Awesomeness.


Paper pads (several brands, 6x6), use at least 2 different alphas (2 different thicker sets upper and lower and used my computer for the ampersand.  I finally pulled out that laminator I bought 2 years ago for foiling), eyelets (used 3 plus a grommlet that I bought many moons ago and never used), embossing (heat), something you’ve been saving for the perfect project (I don't tend to save things, so I didn't have anything here),  stickers (various, but some dear lizzy that I liked, but wondered if I'd ever be able to use).  I even handstitched which I'm normally to lazy to do, but I so love the look of it.

***********

This next one, I was able to whip out on Saturday evening. True to my own self, I mixed some challenges.  I started with the Tori Bissell Scrap your Scraps Challenge. She has a new facebook group just for using your stash or you can watch her youtube video. Then I used the 2peas refugee Monthly Bonus Challenge that Karen hosts. This month was a tic-tac-toe board. I chose the top row:  washi, 3 buttons (I used clothes pins instead) and chipboard. And as I was working on it, I pulled out and used vellum, so I can make this work for Shimelle's last Monday challenge. woo hoo!

Here is the inspiration piece that Tori uses.
What struck me was the layers and layers of papers with only the tops being adhered down. I love the texture that is there.  And this is mine. I tried to mimic the look by only adhering the tops of the papers so they have some depth.

You can see the depth better from this angle.




2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were busy. Great layouts. I love your color choices on the top layout.

    ReplyDelete