One Mama Duck

Crafting my way through life - one adventure at a time.

Hi! I'm LisaDV. Thanks for stopping by. This is my life, crazy and chaotic most of the time, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Monday, June 6, 2016

Sometimes it takes being injured to scrapbook

One of my goals for May was to scrap some of our Christmas memories.  I'm really bad at event scrapping! Recently I purchased some gold 12x12 albums just for these holiday pages.  I had worked a few pages from 2012 and printed photos for, I think, 2014.  All other years, I thought I'd do digitally.  Well, May came and went in a whirlwind of activity that did not allow for all of the layout completion I hoped for.

 --I often have much grander plans than humanly possible for myself. Planning too much to do in a short time frame. Do you suffer from that too? My husband has taken to just saying 'ok, but if it doesn't work out like you planned, just don't be upset' whenever I tell him our next set of plans or my plans.

Whilst attacking some of our house chores on Saturday, I ended up rehurting my shoulder. An old injury from 2011, which I had to have PT for in 2012. This meant Sunday, I was not allowed to lift anything and wore a sling most of the day. Actually I'm still resting it but have done much more today.

What better way to spend the time than digi scrapping?!!  Well, first, with the sad news of Pixels and Company closing, I did some shopping there and at the Digital Press. Priorities!  Tomorrow, I'll share all of the goodies, including some IRL scrapping things.

Today is Monday. Monday is reserved for sharing my layouts.  Yesterday, I created 5 layouts for my 2007 Christmas pages. I'm using a Designer Digital Katie Pertiet Album Template set. I love starting with templates and changing them to fit my needs. I'm using Celeste Knight's Believe Christmas elements and papers. I'm creating my own cardstock to go with them. I also have used a Just Jamie - CU - mini mix element (paint swash).






My digital pages always seem simple to me. I just get the photos, story and a few things on the template and call it done. I think it's partially because I don't have my digi stash as organized as it should be. I still feel good to have the stories completed though.

1 comment: