This is the view from just inside my doorway.
The closest closetmaid 9 cube is my mixed media side of the craft desk. (You can see my post about the mixed media side here. You can see my desk and bookshelf #1 here. You can see my scraps storage here.)
My scrapbook side is on the far side, and you can see the kitchen butcher block/island that is my stamping station, a pegboard with various things.
There are 2 bookshelves that set back to back. The one that faces toward the non-crafty side of the room is used to store hand towels & wash clothes, extra bathroom supplies and medical supplies. However, the bottom shelf houses crafting books and page protectors.
A rolling cart sets beside the craft desk. It houses punches, my laminator and foil, some duct tape, my camera, and ??. I still have a blue canvas bin that could be filled.
THE RED CIRCLE - Future home of a large pegboard unit, which will house my stencils for sure.
THE RED X. I've blocked it off this door, and only use the door off of the great room. I go back and forth over whether I want to get rid of this door altogether in the remodel or leave it, just in case so I can change the room design around or whatnot. (or whatnot happens to be one of my new favorite little words.)
PAPER STORAGE: You can see my paper tower. It's 4 jet max or recollection cubes with dividers. I put them on a planter rolling base. So it's very easy to roll it out of the way and clean.
- specialty (vellum/tranparency, mulberry, velvety).
Second from Top Cube:
- TH coordinations cardstock pack and Navy cardstock;
- Polka Dots divided into tone and tone and mixed colors, wood grain, striped, & more neutral tone on tone patterns;
- Office, school, text, grids, sandpaper, canvas, shaped papers
- Music books, mulberry, chipboard
- Paper pads
- Feminine papers & Masculine papers
- Collection kits
- My Minds Eye
- Homey or Vintage feeling papers, Old Cocoa Daisy kits, a set that need to be gone through
- Vibrant papers, and older MME paper pad papers (these could be moved to the other MME slot)
- Older Collection kits, Travel themed papers
- Basic Grey
On top of the tower is old tins. Several are empty. i have twine in one, washi in one, flair in one.
This is my stamping station and pegboard.
Behind the door is stamps. SU! sets (I used to be a demonstrator), and other wood mounted, all alphabet stamps. The 2 bottom shelves: inks, applicators, and stamping pad. The top is still leftover Calvinball carnage that needs to be put away. (Hey, don't judge, it's only been 21 days). It also has my SU ink caddy, which is all dye inks. I bought the white Recollections embellishment holder for PL styled cards storage. I have them by orientation. They don't really fit, so I don't recommend it. But I use it. Also the We R Memory Keepers one looks like it's discontinued (boo hoo).
The pegboard has various things I like to keep close by. The screw/nail organizer holds eyelets, brads, sequins, wood veneer, buttons and all things tiny.
The sewing drawers (setting on the floor between the stamp station and the bookshelf) hold 12" border strips, rubber bands, O rings, and a couple of drawers are empty.
On top of the literature holder is wax paper, freezer paper, 2gallon sized bags, and a basket with smaller bags and used larger bags. Since I don't get into these often, it's a great out of the way place that is still accessible.
1. The literature holder houses 8.5x11 paper sorted by color including specialty.
2. An old pepsi bottle holder on its side is used for markers. Then I have my copics, colored pencils, and a small basket that has alphabet rub-ons (I think these should go with my alphabet stamps so I remember to use them).
3. The wire baskets are from Michaels and I love them. They are my favorite organization tool. I love that they are open, I hate lids. The contain the mess without looking bad. From front to back: basket 1 - Enamel Dots, Bling and Pearls; a second paper trimmer; basket 2 - 6x6 pads; basket 3 - embossing folders and metal stencils.
4. All things sizzix big kick: Sizzix pads and utensils. Basket 1 - Shapes; Basket 2 - alphabets; Basket 3 - seasonal & holiday. (obviously this is the spellbinder, technique tuesday, sizzix, my favorite things and all other brands of dies)
5. SU roller stamps (thinking this will go in an iris style 4"x 12"x12" box and slid under the stamping station). Sizzix Big Kick.
6. circle cutter and scoreboard. The right side is various 12x12 acrylic shapes, 12x12 stamp sets, and 12x12 chipboard sets which is topped off with my drawing tools in a blue pouch.
7. My coluzzle. and a blank space for something flat.
8. colored cardstock and various projects and other papers that were bought with a special project in mind. The special project papers need to be gone through. I should decide if it's still a project that I'll do and if I want to keep it. Or if it's not, I should integrate into my paper storage.
That's enough for one day! Next Thursday, the scrapping side of the work desk.
Have a terrific Thursday.