One Mama Duck

Crafting my way through life - one adventure at a time.

Hi! I'm LisaDV. Thanks for stopping by. This is my life, crazy and chaotic most of the time, and I wouldn't change a thing.

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Ranger Thinks of Almost Everything

I thought it would be time to move on from sharing my craft room. The list of organizational things still yet to be accomplished was shared to finish up my postings on the subject. I thought I'd only revisit when the larger projects were out of the way.  However, yesterday, as I started to work on on some ATC swap cards, the realization that I dislike how my Distress Ink foam pads are stored hit me like a ton of bricks.  I had to do something! RIGHT THEN!

This is how I was storing my foam pads. Sorry I didn't take a before photo. I had 2 cardstock sheets that were front to back with boxes and the Distress Ink name typed underneath. These were stored in an 8.5x11 page protector.  It's cumbersome to search for the right color, then take out the sheet and get the foam pad, at least to me.


 I started ripping up the sheets. The velcro piece were then glossy accented to the backs of the Distress Ink case. The foam sets there awaiting use and ready as soon as I pick up the ink pad. Nice!!


Unfortunately,  the case that I had them stored in and previously had fit all of my currently owned Distress Inks, will no longer house them all. They also don't line up as nicely as they use to or stack as nicely. The benefit of the foam pad being available without a search and ready to use, I think, outweighs any inconvenience of stacking and fitting.

Do you store your foams on the back? If yes, how do you store them after? Any ideas for me?
I've thought of just getting another one of these cases and setting it on top of the other on my stamping station shelf.


I've also pulled a color chart from the Ranger site to stamp out the colors in and a label sticker sheet to update my little squares here (some don't have them at all).  Handy tools. Ranger thinks of everything.  Well, almost, if they thought of everything, they would make the cases to house the little foam rectangles and still stack nicely.


And here is 2 of my in progress ATCs. The one on the right will say "sunshine always follows showers", but I have to type out the always & follows as the TH chitchat stickers I have don't have either word.

  


Crafty Hugs and Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. very cool, you know, I think I have that stamp or a very similar one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant idea Lisa and loving your atcs mine aren't even started let alone thought of yet .. usual for me am hopeless at swaps.. :D
    Thanks so much for the inspiration.
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to store the pads with the ink!

    ReplyDelete